Statement From Managing Director
Nexus Uganda Limited set these guidelines and underlying principles to provide a framework for good business practices and strategies for preventing corruption, bribery, illegal acts and violation of human rights and the environment.
This Code of Conduct and Ethics provides guidance to help us live by our values and responsibly serve our key stakeholders including; our employees, our customers, our communities, and our environment.
Each of us is personally responsible to support our mission and values by making the commitment to live by this Code. Please review the Code carefully and make sure that you understand and practice it.
Nexus (U) Limited
July 01 2015
Business Guiding Principles
Nexus (U) limited has developed these Business Principles for our company as a tool to provide guidelines and expectations for all employees. Nexus’s overall success is based on our code of business conduct, which requires the highest level of integrity when dealing with our clients, contractors, suppliers, public sector officials and employees.
The following are our Business guiding Principles:
1) We will conduct our business fairly, honesty and openly/transparently
2) We will not make bribes, nor will we condone the offering of bribes on our behalf, so as to gain business advantage.
3) We will not accept bribes nor will we agree to them being accepted on our behalf in order to influence business.
4) We will avoid doing business with others who do not accept our values and who may harm our reputation.
5) We will set out our processes for avoiding direct or indirect bribery and keeping to and support our values.
6) We will keep clear and updated records at all times.
7) We will make sure that everyone in our business and business partners know our principles.
8) We will regularly review and update our program and processes as needed.
9) We will keep to these principles even when it becomes difficult.